Tholthorpe was opened in the late 1930s as a grass airfield and became a satellite for Linton on Ouse in August 1940, housing the Whitleys of No77 Squadron.
No77 moved out in December 1940 and the site closed to be re-developed to a heavy bomber airfield.
Tholthorpe re-opened in June 1943 as part of No6 Group, RCAF, as No62 Base Sub-Station to Linton on Ouse.
The base closed after the Canadians left and the RAF saw no use for it. Some areas of the base were dismantled but Mother Nature quickly took over and many parts of the old base are now overgrown.
All the photos in this section were kindly supplied by Steve Walls.